JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world’s most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC.
JAWS Home Edition screen reader software (Non-Commercial Use Only) can be used with all 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista® along with Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
Note: Early versions of JAWS can also be used for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 if needed.
Remote access provides support for Remote Desktop, Terminal Server, and software like Citrix Program Neighborhood allowing you to establish a connection from your computer to another computer and run programs as if you were sitting at that computer’s keyboard.
With the Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA), your new purchase automatically receives the next two consecutive paid for upgrades at a savings of up to 50 percent the retail value.
- Two multi-lingual synthesizers: Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive
- Talking installation
- Built-in free DAISY Player and full set of DAISY-formatted basic training books
- Works with Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and much more
- Supports Windows® 8.1 and Windows 10, including touch screens and gestures
- Support for MathML content presented in Internet Explorer that is rendered with MathJax
- Fast information look-up at your fingertips with Research It
- Convenient OCR feature provides access to the text of PDF documents, even those with scanned images that are reported as empty documents by screen readers
- Save time with Skim Reading
- The only Windows screen reader to provide contracted Braille input from your Braille keyboard
- Fully compatible with MAGic, screen magnification software, and OpenBook, scanning and reading program
- JAWS Tandem available for free to help with support and training
- Optional support for Citrix, Terminal Services, and Remote Desktop
- Powerful scripting language to customize the user experience on any application
- Includes drivers for all popular Braille displays
- Includes voices for over 30 different languages
- Distributed worldwide with local sales and support in most countries