Kurzweil 3000 is award-winning educational software designed to provide literacy support for those who struggle with literacy in the classroom, at home, or in the workplace. Built-in features for reading, writing and study skills helps students to become independent learners, active participants within inclusion classrooms or sheltered instruction programs; but most importantly, to keep up with peers and achieve their full academic potential. Students can use Kurzweil 3000 throughout their school career and beyond, utilize the literacy support for becoming lifelong learners.
Customers choose Kurzweil 3000 because they like having a single interface for reading, writing, study skills and test taking. If you are looking for educational software that provides complete literacy support for an individual users in the classroom, or in the workplace, Kurzweil 3000 is a great solution.
NEW FEATURE – Offline Mode
Kurzweil’s new offline mode offers users with a Web Access subscription the opportunity to access k3000 when internet connections are spotty or simply not available. Students who are traveling, or on break for the holidays, can get the supports they need while they’re away.
Offline mode also has great applications for providing test-taking accommodations on disconnected computers.
How Does Offline Mode Work?
Log in to k3000 when the computer is connected to the internet. The k3000 credentials are saved in a secure location on the computer. When internet connectivity is either low or gone, users will be prompted to work in Offline Mode. Any work saved to the computer can then be uploaded to the k3000 online library when the internet connection is restored. Note that web-based features, such as online reference and translation will be grayed out until the computer is re-connected to the internet.
Kurzweil in the Chrome environment
Kurzweil now has a Chrome app available, as well as the Read the Web Chrome extension. Open files directly from Google Docs into the k3000 web app, or read content created in Google Docs with the Read the Web Chrome Extension. Just add the k3000 Google Chrome App and accessible content is one-click away.
Read the Web Chrome Extension
Add the k3000 Read The Web Chrome Extension from the Chrome web store to have web content read aloud. You can now listen to your tweets, or articles for that research project you’re working on, in 30 natural text-to-speech voices that read aloud in 17 languages and dialects.
- Read efficiently with audio (text-to-speech) and visual (highlights as reads) presentation of material
- Reduce reading fatigue with human-quality text-to-speech voices
- Improve comprehension with instant access to 3 types of dictionaries
- Customize reading rate and presentation to suite your preferences
- Read The Web is free with a subscription to k3000. No worries if you don’t have a subscription, sign-up for a 30-day free trial.
- Multiple note formats for pre, during and post-reading questions
- Open multiple formats ideal for high speed scanners: pdf, tiff, jpg, docx, etc.
- Optical Character Recognition that works — recognize scanned text books and work sheets, even with multiple fonts, graphics and highlighted text
- Easy, multi-level editing of OCR’d text and pronunciation of words
- Automated high speed OCR’ing tool
- Highlight key text and extract for note-taking, learning key vocabulary etc.
- 2 English Dictionary, French, Spanish, German and other duo-language dictionaries, picture dictionary, syllabification and thesaurus
- Highest quality voice synthesizers
- Read the Web
- Built-in MathPlayer from Design Science, Inc. to read MathML content
- Language translations “on the fly” with Google Translate™
- PDF Bookmarks preservation
- Use sticky notes for instructions, call outs or pre-reading questions.
- Dictionary and thesaurus support is always just a click away.
- Templates to assist writers with pre-writing organization in both text-based and graphical formats
- Built in Word processor
- Word Prediction
- Word lists
- Key writing habits, check lists
- A “Start Writing” button and a newly reorganized Write menu to streamline the beginning of the writing process
- A “Create” button that converts the outline to a draft
Word prediction is better than ever and word lists are an effective way to incorporate new vocabulary into writing.
You can now write and edit online in K3000! With the new Web Editor feature, you can create new documents and edit .doc, .docx, and text-based KES files.
- Six colours for highlighting and extraction; quickly create study notes, vocabulary lists and writing outlines
- Extract highlights to column-style notes (see below). A strategy developed at Cornell University proven effective for students who need a clear simple layout to their notes
- Hyperlink feature that lets you add quick links to web pages and documents
- Embed voice notes
- Footnote, Sticky Note, Text Note, Voice Note, Bubble Note, and Bookmark
- MP3, DAISY 2 (NEW!), and WAV audio