The PTN2 is a fantastic way for you to enjoy your favorite audio title, such as DAISY*1 Digital Talking Books, music CD’s, MP3 or WMA*2 CD’s, or audio books on CD.
The PTN2 satisfies both people who want the simple operations of the player, particularly for leisure readings, and people who need more complex navigation for professional use.
- With a cover on the PTN2, the more complex navigation keys are hidden, so you can easily operate the play function.
- When the cover is removed, you can operate additional functions, e.g. navigate a DAISY book by chapter, section, page, phrase, etc.
- You can enjoy DAISY digital talking books at your preferred sound volume.
- Using the navigation keys, you can select a specific page or chapter.
- The voice speed and tonal quality can be adjusted for easier listening.
- A bookmark can be placed wherever you desire to highlight a passage for reference.
- Voice guidance will guide you in the operations of all functions.
- With a cover, only a few keys appear on the PTN2, just like a cassette tape player.
- Automatic bookmark numbering. You do not have to remember or choose a number for a new bookmark.
Other useful functions
- The sleep timer function turns the PTN2 off by itself automatically at the time set.
- DAISY books and other content on a CD disc can be backed up to an SD card or a USB device.
- You can play music CD, as well as play MP3 or WMA music files on an SD card or USB flash memory.
- PTN2 supports text-based book playback by synthetic voices; DAISY text books, simple text, html, Windows doc.
- PTN2 play books from major content providers in U.S.A, NLS cartridge or BARD service, or Learning Ally books on a CD, SD card or USB memory.
DAISY book playback
- PTN2 supports DAISY 2.02 or ANSI/NISO Z39.86/DAISY3.0. You can play not only DAISY audio books but also DAISY text-based books. Many national library services and content providers publish and distribute DAISY-structured books /books with a DAISY-structure.
High performance built-in speaker
- High performance built-in speaker provides you with comfortable listening.
- The sound volume can be changed from step 0 to step 25.
- You can read content from a CD, SD card or a USB device.
Speed search / navigation
- Move immediately to the page that you specified using the navigation keypad. Use the 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys to move between level, section, pages and groups.
- A maximum of 10,000 bookmarks can be put in DAISY digital talking books or music CDs. You can easily navigate to a specific bookmark, e.g., where you last stopped listening.
Change of playback speed and tone
- The playback speed can be halved or accelerated 3 times. Tone can be changed by steps from -6 to 6.
- Voice guidance will guide you in the operation of all functions. Other information such as elapsed time, remaining time and total time of the audio book are available on voice guidance.
- The main body is surrounded by soft plastic material, not only to absorb shocks, but also to prevent scratches on the CD when inserting it.
Easy operation cover
- The easy operation cover is a standard accessory. When the cover is installed, PTN2 can be used just like a cassette player.
- The keys that can be used when the cover is installed are the Power Key, Play/Stop Key, Rewind Key, Forward Key, Title Selection Key, Volume Key, Tone Key, Eject Key, and Sleep Timer Key.
Rechargeable battery included
- The battery provides up to 5 hours for DAISY book playback on a CD.
Sleep timer function
- You can set the sleep timer to automatically turn the power off after a specified period of time. The maximum time is 60 minutes, definable in increments of 15 minutes.
- A DAISY CD can be backed up to an SD card or a USB device.
- Backup between the SD card and the USB device is also possible.
- The title backed up to an SD card or a USB device can be deleted by navigating the menu.
Text / HTML Contents Playback Using Embedded Text-To-Speech Engine
- PTN2 identifies text-based files on the SD card or USB flash memory automatically and reads files using the built-in text-to-speech (TTS) engine. You can navigate DAISY text books, simple text files, html files or Microsoft doc file by paragraph, sentence, word, character, etc.
|CD loading||Slot loaded|
|Playable CDs||12cm diameter, Stamped CD, CD-R, CD-RWNote: 8cm CDs and irregularly shaped CDs will cause a malfunction and should not be used.|
|SD card slot||SD/SDHC card (maximum storage size: 32GB)|
|Playable content||Books conforming to DAISY 2.0, 2.02 and 3.0 standards
Text files in plain text, html, Microsoft Word Doc formats
Audio files in MP3, WMA, AMR-WB+, Ogg Vorbis, Wave (PCM) formats
Music CDs (CD-DA)
|Sound output||Headphone (Stereo), Built-in speaker (Monaural)|
|Externally connected terminal||USB 2.0 (Type A)|
|Electric power source||AC adaptor, AC 100 V to 240 V, 50 or 60 Hz|
|Dimensions (W/L/H)||170 mm x 219 mm x 56 mm (6.69 in x 8.62 in x 2.2 in)|
|Accessories||Easy operation cover
User’s Guide CD
Quick Reference guide
|Compatible impedance 32 ohm unbalanced
Jack 3.5mm diameter stereo mini jack
|Built-in speaker||Output impedance 4 ohm
|Guide Voice||Gives spoken information about the current operation
Provides key descriptions in Key Describer mode
Speaks menu items
Gives help information (press the Information key)
|Search Function||DAISY book: Heading, Group, Page, Phrase, Bookmark
Audio: Album, Track, Bookmark
Text file: Screen, Paragraph, Sentence, Word, Character, Bookmark
HTML file: Level, Paragraph, Sentence, Word, Character, Bookmark
|Volume adjustment steps||0 to 25 (in increments of 1)|
|Guide volume adjustment steps||-5 to +5 (in increments of 1)|
|Play speed adjustment||11 settings from -2, through 0, to +8 (in increments of 1).
Normal speed is at 0.
-2 is 0.5 times speed, +4 is double speed, +8 triple speed
|Tone adjustment steps||13 settings from -6, through 0, to +6 (in increments of 1)
Normal tone is at 0
|Memory function||Bookmarks, maximum is 10,000|
|Type of battery||Ni-MH|
|Dimensions||Length 53.64 mm
Width 56.68 mm
Height 29.00 mm
|Charging Time||4 hours approximately|
|Operating Time||DAISY format, CD playing, 5 hours
Music CD (CD-DA) format, CD playing, 2 hours
DAISY format, SD card playing, 8 hours