Romeo and Juliet have always been known as the easiest embossers to use
The next generation of braille embossers is here, and it’s all grown up, performing beautifully in school, work, and home settings. The new Romeo and Juliet continue to maintain their reputation for providing high-quality braille, but they now have a new, modern platform.
The most convenient braille embossers on the market
You can send files from your iPad® or other mobile device using Bluetooth. With the built-in UEB (replacement for Grade 2) contracted braille translator and Firebird, Romeo and Juliet can support all your brailling needs. Your students can even send files directly from HumanWare’s BrailleNote™ Touch. It’s one-step printing at its best!
Romeo embosses single-sided, while Juliet supports double-sided and interpoint braille. Both products are proudly built and supported in the USA.
Romeo and Juliet are the only braille printers that produce high-quality braille text and graphics over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth at an affordable price. With Romeo and Juliet, there is truly a happy ending!
Works seamlessly with BrailleNote Touch
Braille users are embracing the new BrailleNote Touch, which combines the simplicity and accessibility of a note taker with the power and efficiency of a modern smartphone or tablet. Users can type using the traditional braille keyboard or on the TouchBraille screen, providing visual feedback for sighted teachers, students, and co-workers.
With BrailleNote Touch, users can create and edit documents in the classroom, at the office, or at home. And now they can send these documents directly to Romeo and Juliet with a simple command over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
This is truly one-step braille production at its best.
Tactile Graphics with Firebird
Now everyone can produce tactile graphics at an affordable price. Firebird extends Romeo and Juliet’s ease of use, so anyone can produce graphics at 50 dpi. Just import files or draw what you need, and then print. It’s that easy.
On the BrailleNote Touch, use KeyGraphics, our special graphical tool, to print images directly, without needing extra calibrations. In keeping with HumanWare’s compatibility, this can be used by teachers or family members with the BrailleNote for quick drawings.
- Characters per second: 60
- Braille dot: ETC 40y Supreme US Quality Dot
- one-sided/two-sided: Single Sided
- Interpoint: no
- Paper Form: Tractor Fed
- Paper Tray Capacity: N.A.
- Paper Width: 1 to 13
- Paper Length: 1 to 24
- Horizontal and Vertical Braille?: yes
- Side-Ways Mode: yes
- Booklet Format//4 pages+line (Magazine): 2 pages / sheet
- Pages-Per-Hour (PPH announced): 204
- Tactile DPI: 50
- Dot Heights: 2
- Production embosser (24h-on-24h): yes. Dot accuracy during long hours.
- Ink: no
- Automatic Translator built-in // Direct Print: yes
- Translate DOC’s files: Auto! Just send them to the embosser
- Translate PDF’s files: Auto! Just send them to the embosser
- Translate TXT’s files: Auto! Just send them to the embosser
- PC Translation Software included: No need. Old Tech. However, it is compatible with Duxbury software.
- PC Graphical Software included: yes. FOC
- USB: yes
- USB Memory Stick: yes
- Network TCP/IP: yes
- Bluetooth: yes
- Wi-Fi network (wireless): yes
- Web Direct Print: yes
- Mobile Platform Direct Print: yes
- Braille in control panel: yes
- Backlighted control panel: yes
- Speech Feedback: yes
- Remote Speech Feedback Thru Bluetooth: yes
- HQ-TTS: USA High-Quality TTS
- End-user alerts: HQ voiced + Back Lighted
- Windows Support: yes
- Mac Support: yes
- Linux Support: yes
- width (Inches): 20.5
- depth (Inches): 10.2
- height (Inches): 5.1
- net volume (cubic foot): 0.62
- weight (lbs): 16.3
- gross volume (cubic foot): 2.15
- Gross Weight (lbs): 23.6
- Voltage: 100-240 V
- Independent switched power supply: yes
- Max Power Consumption: 140 W
- Power in Standby: 5 W
- Power Auto Shutdown: 0,05 W
- Noise level: 80 dB(A)
- Noise Level Inside Enclosures: 60 dB(A)
- Warranty: 1 year