The SARA CE (Scanning And Reading Appliance, Camera Edition) is the next-generation self-contained scanning and reading appliance for the blind and those with low vision. Just place a printed page under the camera, and the SARA CE instantly starts reading it to you with RealSpeak human-sounding speech. No computer experience is needed. You don’t even need to push a button to read almost any printed material – books, magazines, mail, and more. The camera automatically senses when a new page is presented and snaps an image and begins reading whenever you turn a page.
Pause reading, move forward and backward, or hear a word spelled out. Change the reading speed and volume. Select a different voice. Scan and read in one of 18 languages. Change the scanning mode to capture bound books, and save them on the 160GB hard drive or a USB thumb drive. The SARA CE talks you through each step with audible menus. There is even built-in Help and an audible onboard user manual.
Connect a monitor to access the customizable low vision features. Increase the text size. Change text and background colors. Add more space between letters, and highlight words as they are spoken.
More SARA CE features
- Built-in keypad with brightly-colored tactile keys.
- Save files to hard drive or USB thumb drive.
- Connect to Braille display.
- Read audio books, including DAISY format.
- 160GB hard drive for onboard storage.
- Comes with a classic literature starter library of over 200 books.
- Supports scanning and reading in multiple languages and additional dialects: U.S. English, British English, Australian English, Belgian Dutch, Brazilian, Danish, Continental French, Canadian French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Basque, Czech, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Castilian and Latin American Spanish, Finnish, and Swedish