ZoomText Mac is a powerful computer access solution designed for the visually impaired. Through a combination of magnification; enhancements to colors, pointers and cursors; and a WebReader tool, using your Mac is fun and enjoyable, even when you have a visual impairment. Now you will be able to see everything on your Mac, providing you with complete access to applications, documents, email and the Internet.
ZoomText Mac is designed for users of all ages and skill levels. With a precise mix of power and simplicity, ZoomText Mac provides total independence at home, school and in the workplace.
ZoomText Mac includes the following features:
- Flexible Magnification: Full range of magnification levels up to 36x. Levels include: 2x to 8x in steps of 1, 10x to 16x in steps of 2, and 20x to 36x in steps of 4. For those who just need a little boost of magnification, there are fractional powers of 1.1 – 2.0 in steps of .1, along with 2.5x.
- Font Smoothing: High definition smoothing of text for added legibility.
- Image Sharpening: Our custom smoothing techniques display images sharper at every magnification level.
- WebReader: A tool that extracts just the important content from a busy webpage and reads it back to you using one of the built-in, high quality voices already on your Mac. Can also read clipboard content! *BETA FEATURE*.
- Tracking: As you move the mouse, type text, and navigate menus, dialogs and other program controls, the zoom window automatically scrolls around to keep what you’re trying to see in view.
- Zoom Windows: Two different ways to magnify the screen: Full Screen and Lens. Lens size is adjustable.
- Enhanced Screen Colours: Innovative colour controls improve screen clarity and reduce eyestrain. There are seven high contrast colour modes: Invert Brightness, Reverse Video, Black on White, White on Black, Blue on Beige, Yellow on Black, and Yellow on Blue.
- Customizable System Pointers and Cursors: Adjusting the size and color of the mouse pointer and text cursor make them much easier to see and follow on screen. Optional locators make the pointer even easier to see.
- Focus Enhancements: Colorful locators are drawn around whatever item is “in focus”
- Operating System Required: Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks
- Hardware Requirements: MacBook Pro 2011 or newer, Macbook Air 2011 or newer, Mac Mini 2011 or newer, Mac Pro 2010 or newer w/ Radeon HD5770 or better, iMac 2009 or newer w/ Radeon HD4670 or better.